Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ann's Drop Cookies

Next recipe card, Ann's Drop Cookies. How could I resist? If we have our names in common, and the corner of the card reads "extra good" so they must be good. Right?
Today is a snow day, so I had two helpers assisting with the crisscross patterns.


One helper had a pretty nice apron, I don't think I ever showed you.

And the baking experiment begins. These cookies have two sticks on butter in them. Oh, yes, TWO sticks.

Here is pan #1. 350 degrees, 10 min, no parchment paper. Result: very flat and lost shape.....and I put too many cookies on the pan.

Pan #2. Baked at 350 degrees with parchment paper for 12 min. Result: kept shape much better and not as flat.

Pan #3. Baked at convection bake at 350 degrees (which my oven automatically reduces down to 325) for 9 min. Result: cookies are nice like pan #2 but not as evenly baked.


So, I would say Pan #2 wins!
Overall, these cookies are okay. They are good (but a lot of calories!) and would make and excellent cookie to serve with coffee. They remind me of a spritz cookie recipe I have and love.

The details.

Ann's Drop Cookies

1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 t tsp cream tartar
1 tsp soda
3 egg yolks
vanilla (I used 1 t)
2 cups flour
Make into balls, put in pans & flatten real thin, flatten with fork then bake at 350 to 375 for 10 to 12 min.

1 comment:

John and Jill said...

hi ann! thanks for the comment on my blog! love that you randomly found me! :)

valley-mama.blogspot.com

jill