Monday, December 6, 2010

ABC's


This project has been waiting for me. A creative mind block, you might say. The center panel was complete, but I needed an idea for the edges. Finally, the idea came! I love free motion quilting with a very whimsical pattern. For the border, I wrote the alphabet (with a pencil first). It look a bit to jog my grade school memory of the proper way to connect letters. The results are fun. For the backing, I picked a orange minki type fabric. LOVE IT. This is by far the softest quilt I have made so far. Of course with every quilt, I learn a lesson. This time, my backing was too dark for the white on the front, since I did not use batting. Lessoned learned. I think the little baby who will cuddling with this one will not mind a bit!

1 comment:

Amanda Jean said...

the border quilting is so very wonderful! what a genius idea.