Thursday, May 22, 2008

Breakfast and a Dress!

Jenna is growing so fast! We had her 4 month check-up the other day. She now weighs in at 13 lbs and 12 oz. That puts her right at the 50% for weight. Her height is around 24 inches, which was also at the 50%. The doc also suggested we start solids! Today was her first breakfast of rice cereal. She LOVED it. She opened her mouth and ate it up! Okay, some landed back on her face. And she always wants her fists in her mouth (teething) which kinda caused a little mess.





My first complete dress of the season!!! And Hailey loves it!

Even though she is not looking in the second photo, I need to show off the flower. I read in a magazine that the details and extras are what really make kids clothing pop. So I added a flower and a pocket - these are Haily's favorites! I think I am going to make a pair of bloomers to go under the dress next. (yes, along with all the other projects I am working on!)

See those yellow irises? They were bulbs from my aunt (Thanks Janice!) last spring. They are packed full of blooms. The area in front of the irises is Hailey's garden. We went to Menards a couple weeks ago. Hailey insisted she have red, pink, purple and yellow in her garden. We spent over an hour picking out flowers (actually Hailey picked them!) -- geraniums, marigolds, and petunias!!! (Yes, it took her an hour to pick out geraniums, marigolds, and petunias.)

**Sewing pattern - that*darn*cat - round neck top. No pattern for the flower, you are on your own!

No comments: