Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Dream Machine

Let me introduce to you my new favorite sewing machine.  Out of my 4 machines, this one is my favorite - and it barely works!  All it needs is a little TLC.  While searching online one evening, I found a photo of a similar machine with an Eau Claire logo on it and LOVED it. A couple weeks ago, while shopping at an antique shop I found this one.  Oh, was I thrilled!!  It is a Precision De Luxe.  After a little research, it seems this machine was made in Japan.  Companies, or in this case, town names were printed on the fronts.  Now I will be searching for a cabinet for it and then give it the TLC it needs to get working again.  After that it will be on display in our living room.

4 comments:

Susan Buckingham said...

I just found one in a shop this weekend. It's in a cabinet, but there isn't a foot pedal/knee pedal. The light works, so I know it's getting juice. I'll be working on getting whatever I need to make this little beauty work!

Billie said...

I just got a "classic" deluxe.... I haven't powered it up, it'll take me a dozen attempts to remember how to thread it, but, I think it will be My favorite table top/portable.. I have the case, complete. I got a Real Deal on this one.

Unknown said...

Billie, did you get a user's manual with it? One of these just fell into my lap and I'm a little hesitant to plug it in. If you have a user's manual, would you mind sharing?

sairam said...

I have the same machine with case without manual. Could you mind sharing if you have the user's manual for this machine?